Tuesday, October 2, 2007

First Conference Committee Conference Call

Now that the host hotel and conference venue have been secured, it is time to assemble the Conference Planning Committee for Blogging While Brown. The conference will take place July 25-27,2008 in Atlanta,GA. FYI, the 20th Annual National Black Arts Festival is also going on during that time so there will be plenty to do that weekend in Atlanta. Early Registration is underway and ends November 1st. I want to thank everyone for their suggestions as we selected a location and venues, now the hard part begins.

As suggested, we will be having a conference call to start organizing the committee structure for the planning process.

Now if you are just interested in holding a workshop, you don't need to serve on a committee, you just need to subscribe to bloggingwhilebrown.blogspot.com ( I set it up on feedburner) and wait for instructions on how and when to submit workshop proposals.

I'll be sending out an agenda prior to the meeting feel free to add suggestions or revisions as I will be sticking to it strictly and under no circumstances will the conference call go over 60 minutes.

So I need to know when you ARE NOT available to meet. I am certain I will not be able to accommodate everybody, but I will try to select times that won't be too late for folks on the east coast or too early for folks on the west. All times are CENTRAL. So let me know when you ARE NOT available. If you have changed your mind, that is cool too.

Saturday, October 6, at 12:00PM CST
Sunday, October 7 at 4:00PM CST
Monday, October 8th at 8:00PM CST
Tuesday, October 9th at 7:30PM CST
Wednesday October 10th at 8:00PM CST

I'll send you the conference call instructions based on who responds. If you didn't get an e-mail about this teleconference and are interested, send an email to bloggingwhilebrown at gmail dot com

No comments: