Hello all! As Gina said in her last post, the Blogging While Brown Conference now has a wiki! The wiki contains all the pertinent information gleaned from this site (posts and comments) and serves as our sandbox for the planning and coordination of the conference from here on out.
If you've never heard of a wiki, fear not; chances are, you've at least used one (Wikipedia, anyone?) and are already familiar with how they work!
A wiki is a collaborative website whose content can be edited by anyone who has access to it. Right now, I have access, and if you surf on over to the wiki, you'll see I've made placeholders for future sections of the wiki (attendees, schedule, etc.) as well as the following:
- Resources (basically any suggestions for things to help aid the conference)
- Sponsors (for those who want to donate money or supplies -- in the future, a PayPal link will be here for direct donations)
- Suggested Topics (panel ideas, basically)
- Volunteers (you can help out too!)
- Add the following code to your website or blog to automatically show a badge linking to our Wiki:
<a href="http://bloggingwhilebrown.pbwiki.com/"><img border="0" src="http://bloggingwhilebrown.pbwiki.com/badge.php" /></a>
- Subscribe to the wiki's RSS feed using your RSS aggregator of choice. Google Reader is what I prefer, but there are several others out there, both web-based and standalone.
We're going full steam ahead now with the planning, so come aboard!